MAMIDDLE-L ArchivesArchiver > MAMIDDLE > 2006-10 > 1161368024
Subject: [MAMiddle] Richard Park - Bond's Watertown - Volume II - Part 7 of7 parts - p. 867
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 14:13:44 EDT
Subject: Richard Park (Parks, Parke, Peirks)
Source: Genealogies of the Families and Descendants of the Early Settlers
Massachusetts, Includes Waltham and Weston - by Henry Bond, M.D. Boston,
Part 7 of 7 Parts.
Richard Park (son of Thomas) "took the house his father last dwelt in, with
the barn and orchard, and
all the land adjoining within the fence, which included the new as well as
the old field, with the
land east, where the old gate stood." He moved to Concord, Mass., about
1700 (probably to that part
of Concord that became a part of Lincoln in 1754) and about that time he m.
(2) Elizabeth Billings.
Children by his 1st wife born at Newton:
1. William Park who died.
2. Thomas Park b. Feb 7, 1690; died 1703.
3. Abigial Park b. July 25, 1693. In 1727 she was the wife of Stephen Fiske.
4. Richard Park b. Mar 1, 1696; an Ensign, of Newton, m. at Newton, July 17,
1717, Sarah Fuller.
She died Mar 20, 1737 aged 42 yrs and he m. (2) 1738, Esther Fuller (? widow
of Edward Fuller p.769)
He died Nov 28, 1746 aged 52 yrs (gravestone) Children:
1. William Park b. Feb 16, 1718; m. at Newton, 1745, Lucy Fuller, and there
had five children,
and then moved to Lincoln (once a part of Concord) and by his 2nd wife,
Lydia had five other
1. Penuel Park b. May 12, 1746. (see also p,81, p.388).
2. Richard Park b. Feb 28, 1748.
3. Esther Park b. Dec 25, 1749; m. at Watertown, Feb 14, 1773, John (?)
4. William Park b. Aug 25, 1751.
5. Cornelius Park who m. at Watertown, Oct. 19, 1777, Abigail Sangir.
By his 2nd wife Lydia, William Park (b. 1718) had children born at Lincoln:
6. Lucy Park b. July 24, 1757; m. April 9, 1793, Jonathan Whitney of
7. Elizabeth Park b. May 5, 1758.
8. Mehitable Park b. Aug 17, 1760.
9. Jacob Park bap. Feb 27, 1763.
10. Lydia Park b. June 18, 1765.
2. Thomas Park b. Nov 15, 1719.
3. Jerusha Park b. Nov 22, 1722; m. in 1740, James Trowbridge, Jr. and
settled at Worcester.
4. Hulda Park b. Dec 18, 1724.
5. Priscilla Park b. Apr 5, 1726.
6. Abigail Park b. June 28, 1728.
5. Sarah Park b. May 11, 1699; died 1699.
By his 2nd wife, Elizabeth Billings, Richar Park had:
6. Joseph Park; of Concord; married very early, or was a son of the first
wife. (see p.386)
It was Josiah Park, Sr., who m. Mary Merriam (p.386)
Josiah Parke, Jr. m. (published May 12, 1750) Sarah Munroe, of Weston. They
probably did not marry
as she married Dec 27, 1753, Elisha Cutler of Lexington and he, Josiah Parke
Jr. was living at the
date of his father's Will, Dec 18, 1764; died November, 1765.
Jonathan Park - he was probably the son of Jonathan Parks slain by the
Indians about 1725. (see
Geneal. Reg. vii., p.64).
Transcribed by Janice Farnsworth
God Bless America