MARINERS-L Archives

Archiver > MARINERS > 2010-04 > 1271448298

From: Paul Benyon <>
Subject: [MAR] Troop Transport Martello
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 21:23:03 +0100

I've received a message from someone researching a soldier who was
reputedly onboard the Troop Transport Martello when his regiment
departed Cork, Ireland, for Halifax, Nova Scotia, circa mid 1757.

The writer is asking whether it is possible to confirm whether the
"Martello" actually existed ? I thought it might be a little like
looking for a needle in a haystack, but that Lloyds List might be the
answer ? It being a few years before Lloyds Register was published ?

Has anyone got a better suggestion....please ?

Paul

This thread: