MARINERS-L Archives

Archiver > MARINERS > 2010-04 > 1271472128

From: Chris Maxworthy <>
Subject: Re: [MAR] William Grant
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 20:00:25 -0700 (PDT)

Hi

There was a William Grant issued with an Admiralty protection from impressment, on 21 May 1810 for the whaler, Frederick of London.  Master was Alexander Bodie.
This particular William Grant was a Boatsteerer.  Based on ages and experience this could be one possibility for your fellow.

regards
Chris
Marion wrote:
I'm new to this list. I'm trying to find out more about my great x 3
grandfather William Grant I know from census returns that he was born in
Aberdeen about 1791.  I'm curious because on his son Edwin John Grant's birth certificate in
1837,  his occupation is listed as sawyer at present a seaman in the
merchant service. Is there anywhere that I find out more about William

Marion
Sydney Australia

This thread: