MARINERS-L Archives

Archiver > MARINERS > 2010-04 > 1271630855

From: Paul Benyon <>
Subject: Re: [MAR] Simoom
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 00:07:11 +0100

Hi Jane

A few snippets on the Simoom at:

http://www.pbenyon.plus.com/18-1900/S/04260.html

The catalogue at the National Archives :

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/catalogue/search.asp?j=1

shows that the following muster lists for the Simoom have survived for
your period of interest, so would have thought that her passengers
should be included in one of these, but separately from her crew :

ADM 38/4948Simoom. M.1856 Jan.1-Sept.6.
ADM 38/9033Simoom. D.,O.1852 Feb.9-1856 Feb.6.
ADM 38/9034Simoom. C.,D.,O.1856 Dec.18-1862 March 15.

These pieces will presumably be quite large volumes so unless you have
precise dates for the passage, and the man's name as shown in the
muster list you may need to instruct a researcher ?

It would appear from your e-mail address that you probably live in
Canada, so you may like to have a look at the following web page
regarding researchers at the National Archives which will explain to
some degree my comments above regarding the man's name. :

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/records/paid_research.htm

Paul