MARINERS-L Archives

Archiver > MARINERS > 2010-04 > 1271677698

From: Chris Maxworthy <>
Subject: [MAR] Free Online Access to Digital Archives
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 05:08:16 -0700 (PDT)

Mariners list members may be interested to know that Gale-Cengage are providing "temporary" and free access via their website, subject to Registration. I believe this offer was primarily to the British Scholar community, but you never know:
http://galesupport.com/BritishScholar2010/register.php
<http://galesupport.com/BritishScholar2010/register.php>; .
<http://galesupport.com/BritishScholar2010>; On that site, they provide
access to a number of their digital collections including:

*   State Papers Online, The Tudors: Part I (Domestic) and Part II
(Foreign, Scotland, Ireland, Borders and Registers of the Privy
Council).
*   17th & 18th Century Burney Collection Newspapers and 19th Century British Library Newspapers
*   19th Century UK  Periodicals, Part I (New Readerships) and Part II (Empire)
*   The Making of the Modern World, 1450-1850
*   The Economist Historical Archive, 1843-2003
*   Financial Times, 1888-2006
*   additionally - The Times Digital Archive, 1785-1985; and Northern
Ireland: 1921-1972:

This thread: