MARINERS-L Archives

Archiver > MARINERS > 2010-04 > 1272357398

From: "Mick" <>
Subject: Re: [MAR] Baron Clyde O.N 29625
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 09:36:52 +0100

Thank you very much Ted,

This one has eluded me for some time, local News Reports misnamed her The Arran Clyde, and as happens, yesterday while searching for some thing else I found an account of the Baron Clyde Abandoned 120 miles west of where she came ashore.

The MNL 1860 Lists about 31,000 Sailing Vessels, less then 500 of these were over the 1000 tons , So The Baron Clyde was a very large vessel for the time. I am surprised there was so little in the news papers.

Thanks again Ted another one accounted for .

Mick O Rourke

www.irishshipwrecks.com