MARINERS-L Archives

Archiver > MARINERS > 2010-04 > 1272394029

From: "Mick" <>
Subject: [MAR] KELP. Port Stanley Schooner
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 19:47:50 +0100

Baron Clyde was a warm up here is the real challenge.

This one was on my Door Step but I have never been able to properly identify it.
I spent two fruitless summers diving an area north of Spanish Point looking for this one , then I found out she had been salvaged and some of the wreck had been used up to the 1960s to house cattle on a local farm.
I have a photo somewhere of her rusted hull setting high and dry on the rocks around the 1930s.

Kelp
Steel Schooner 315 Gross
Built 1914 Reg Port Stanley

Wrecked at Spanish Point Co Clare Ireland .
Cargo General and Mahogany . Crew 9 and 1 lost .

Brigid And Richard Larn Shipwreck Index of Ireland

Quote, BOT WW.1 Wreck Return 1916 PT 11 p20 NLR ; Sic vol p178

Any Help would be appreciated

Mick O Rourke

www.irishshipwrecks.com

This thread: