MARINERS-L Archives

Archiver > MARINERS > 2017-03 > 1489954212

From: Jo Wynne <>
Subject: [MAR] The fate of the Tryphena?
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2017 09:10:12 +1300

Good morning

The brig Tryphena was a wooden , 2 mast brig of 131 tons, built at the
MacLeay River, NSW. Australia in 1842. My main interest in this ship has
been her voyages during 1844/45 when Capt. William Hindmarsh was the
captain. I have amassed a great deal of information about these voyages and
am now wondering what her fate was.
Charles Abercrombie was the owner, Sydney, 1843 - 1849
Wearing, Liverpool was the owner 1849 - ?
Capt. Wearing, the Tryphena sailed from Liverpool on August 7, 1850 for
Buena Ventura.

I would appreciate any help completing this history.
Thanks
Jo

This thread: