MARINERS-L Archives

Archiver > MARINERS > 2017-04 > 1492502028

From: PETER HAMMETT <>
Subject: [MAR] WW2 Troopships
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2017 07:53:48 +0000

Good Morning list, I have recently received the WW2 army records of my father, he served in the RA in the middle east.

My question is as follows:- He embarked for the ME on the 28th May 1942 from Liverpool and arrived in Suez 29th July 1942. As the voyage was approx. 62 days I have assumed they went via Cape of Good Hope, arriving at the Red Sea end of the Suez canal.

Can any one help me identify the ship that he travelled on ????

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions ... Peter Hammett in UK

This thread: