MARINERS-L Archives

Archiver > MARINERS > 2017-07 > 1500269421

From: Joseph Mcmillan <>
Subject: [MAR] CYTOS 1897
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2017 15:00:21 +0930

Hi all,
I am seeking information on the small steamer CYTOS built 1897 for [ possibly Escreet K.R. & Co ? ]
sold 1901 to La Vavariense, Spain renamed VILLARRAMIEL
about 1912 owned by Jose Longueria, Spain renamed MONTEFARO
sold ? to Hijos De Agustin Lantero Fernandez, Spain [same name]
1956 sold to Ramon Alvarez Rodriguez, Spain [same name]
about 1964 sold to Maritima Muniz, Spain [same name]
Reportedly broken up in 1971
I have been unable to locate the builder and place of build for this small ship nor have i been able to locate any data on the demolition.
I can find no reference to this ship in Marine News nor the volumes of Lloyds Registers of which a have access.
I would be very grateful for any information on this ship, especially the name and location of the builder.
Thank you in advance,
Sincerely,
Joe McMillan,
South Australia.