MARINERS-L Archives

Archiver > MARINERS > 2017-07 > 1500286787

From: vicki evans <>
Subject: [MAR] Searching a master mariner
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2017 10:19:47 +0000

HI All

I have been searching desperately for my Great Grandmother for some years now. I know she was born around 1873 in Shanghai (British subject), and appears on the UK 1891 census in Wales.

I have recently found out her father was Andrew Nelson and he was a master mariner, deceased at the time of her marriage in 1896 (info from her marriage certificate).

Please can someone advise how to try and find more information about her father Andrew Nelson on such limited information or indeed about her passage to the UK (Minnie Nelson). Minnie and her family line are a complete brick wall for me. I am hoping this new information on her father might be an new avenue to explore.

I have found lots on Minnie from 1891 onward, but not before this and would dearly like to know when she came to the UK, when she arrived and how, and also if we can find out more about her parents.

Many thanks

Vicki

Victoria Evans, PhD
Medical Communications Provider