MARINERS-L Archives

Archiver > MARINERS > 2017-07 > 1500541830

From: Paul Benyon <>
Subject: [MAR] (fwd) FREE Webinar: Discovering Travel & Migration in OldNewspapers
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2017 10:10:30 +0100

Hi

Whilst I appreciate that the following is perhaps more suited to the
ShipsList, it took Mariners to drive the ships that carried those
emigrants/immigrants on their various journeys, I wondered if it might
also add one or two more clues or suggestions to our tracking armoury.

Paul

On Thu, 20 Jul 2017 06:51:05 +0100, "British Newspaper Archive"
<> wrote:

>FREE Webinar: Discovering Travel & Migration in Old Newspapers
>Join us on Thursday 20 July at 4pm BST as we explore the themes of travel and migration in this exclusive webinar.
>Mary McKee takes a close look at where to find passenger lists, news from abroad, as well as the reasons people
>emigrated, in the extensive historical newspapers searchable in the Archive. Watch live or replay the broadcast on-demand afterwards.
>
>Register now
>http://tracking.britishnewspaperarchive.co.uk/track?type=click&enid=ZWFzPTEmbXNpZD0xJmF1aWQ9Jm1haWxpbmdpZD0xMDMxNjE5Jm1lc3NhZ2VpZD0yODk3NDgmZGF0YWJhc2VpZD05NTEzMyZzZXJpYWw9MTY4MzM1MjImZW1haWxpZD1wYmVueW9uQHBiZW55b24ucGx1cy5jb20mdXNlcmlkPUJOQTEwODQ3MyZ0YXJnZXRpZD0mbW49JmZsPSZtdmlkPSZleHRyYT0mJiY=&&&3003&&&https://event.on24.com/wcc/r/1465808/432566BA3D6513CA7FC213DE0EEC3CEB?partnerref=bnae&utm_campaign=news&utm_medium=email&utm_source=bna&utm_content=1031619&utm_term=BNA-CAM-New-20717-12
>

>Top Tip
>If the topics of migration and travel pique your interest, the Archive holds a wealth of material on these subjects, including specialty shipping titles such as Lloyd's List and the Dublin Shipping and Mercantile Gazette. Indeed, all of our newspapers may hold clues to the reasons why your ancestors might have emigrated.

This thread: