MARKER-L Archives

Archiver > MARKER > 2002-09 > 1033096520

From: "cheryl McGhan" <>
Subject: Re: Phillip Marker of Va.
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 03:15:20 +0000

Hi Phillip,
You may have read some of my postings. I am new to the internet. I used to
do all my research the long, hard, old fashion way which was slow. I had to
wait for mail to arrive, and often I might end up in the wrong bureaucratic
office and/or wrong county line and then have to go and do it all over
again. I am sifting through everything (even as your email came in) and just
wanted to respond. I don't know exactly who your family is as of yet, but am
pretty sure that you are what I call a parallel relative. Way back when many
of the brothers/sisters spread out west ceating many nuclear families. The
name Phillip repeats itself throughout the family trees. I'll just say, Hi
cousin, for now...as I know down the road I will see how you exactly tie in
to the family. Linda, has a better data bank than me. My line is off of the
Maryland Markers George Marker, Eli Marker George Marker...Mary Jane Marker
(Grandmother) Mom Alice Anderson (McGhan) to me Cheryl Keep up the
enthusiam, we are all getting close to some wonderful finds. I am for a
reunion! Even if we start small the thought and idea will grow. I would love
to learn about your family...traditions, old sayings, anything that might
tie in the other families...Thank you! Cheryl McGhan