MARKHAM-L Archives

Archiver > MARKHAM > 2009-01 > 1233197700

From: Mike and Betty <>
Subject: Re: (Markham) Marcum, Markham
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 21:55:00 -0500

Sure Genie,
it would be great to pull any info we have together and see if we find
anything useful.

I found more in my notes about the Carter in Arkansas.
Details from a book, Our Heritage Book, of Montgomery Co.,AR stated that
Carter had a brother John and a sister Emily.
Their migration pattern, was Georgia, to Tennessee, to Montgomery Co.
Arkansas in the 1850s.

If what is in writing is correct, the younger Carter was indeed born abt.
1821 or so, and he died in Montgomery Co. Arkansas, in 1894.
"THIS Carter", was married to Mary (White) Cogburn, the widow of John
Wesley Cogburn.
(I found an article or two somewhere about the Cogburns, quite a bunch!!).

The above mentioned information, was NOT my research but found and posted
by Lori Harp-Lizotte.