MARSHALL-L Archives

Archiver > MARSHALL > 2003-01 > 1043634245

From: "Marshall, Michael" <>
Subject: RE: [MARSHALL] Marshall Hall Marshall's & Alexander of Henrico Co. VA
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 21:24:05 -0500

Hi Beth,

I finally got brave enought to post my records this year. What I have on
Alexander of Henrico is all hidden in this file with the information you
helped me with. Please let me know if any of it is inaccurate (if any of it
is sensitive I need to know that too.) Guess I should add a link for this
line.

My research is heavy into Charles County right now. I'll move into Prince
Georges MD later this year. However, I'll swing South to Westmoreland Co,
King Georges and Stafford Counties next year because I believe some of them
jumped the river to nearby Westmoreland. I picked up the the 1704
Westmoreland will of Thomas Marshall and the family names of Posey, Rozer
and Brown jumped out at me. These were major Anglican familes in St. Mary's
and Charles County Md.

Given the timing of Alexander's birth in 1676 and a marriage August 20, 1706
in Henrico, and the fact that not much North/South migration ever occured
between major river valleys, it leads me to believe Alexander either walked
off a boat or his parent were from Charles City, James City/Williamsburg or
Isle of Wight. The only way to get around during that time was by river.

The Book of Moody Ancestry
Author: Hellen Foster Snow
Call Number: CS71.M816x

http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=mrmarsha&id=I1057