MARTIN-L Archives

Archiver > MARTIN > 2003-01 > 1042340576

From: "Jim Gilmer" <>
Subject: Re: [MARTIN-L] Martin Family Quarterly
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 21:04:05 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

Sandy,

I have been searching for the parents of my gggrandmother, Margaret E.
Martin, b. abt 1820, died 1893 Anson County, NC, m. my gggrandfather, Samuel
Gilmore ca 1840. I suspect that Margaret E. Martin is possibly a descendant
of Kinchen Martin, Revolutionary soldier, who moved to Anson County, NC in
the late 1700's.
I am trying to connect Margaret E. MARTIN to Kinchen MARTIN who married
Chloe HOUGH, in Northampton Co., NC in 1784, and came to Anson County after
the Revolutionary War.
I have looked at the book "James T. Martin, Anson County, North Carolina
(His Ancestors and Descendants)", by Ruth Martin Ratcliffe and John
Ratcliffe, but did not see Margaret E. MARTIN's name. I am assuming since
she was apparently born, lived and died in Anson Co, NC, that she was
descended from Kinchen and Chloe Hough MARTIN.
Kinchen MARTIN was the son of James MARTIN and Amy HOLT of Southampton Co.,
Va, and was born January 6, 1762.
I would really appreciate a look-up in the Martin Quarterlies, to see if
there is any clue as to the parents of this Margaret E. Martin.

Thanks,

Jim Gilmer