MARTIN-L Archives

Archiver > MARTIN > 2003-06 > 1055112120

From: Bill Derrow <>
Subject: Re: [MARTIN-L] WATEREE, Kershaw County ,SC and Edgefield County,SC
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2003 18:42:03 -0400

If you come across a disconnected James (L.) Martin, born about 1790 in
South Carolina, please let me know. I haven't been able to track him
(my ggg grandfather) back there from Jasper County, Georgia, where he
married in 1821. I'm intrigued by Janet's message, because James L.
Martin's second son was named Andrew Jackson Martin. Admittedly, he was
probably named after the president, Andrew Jackson, but any Andrew
Martin possibility is worth following up on, when you're up against a
brick wall!

Another of my "leads" is a possibility of a connection between the
Martin and Mather families (James L. Martin's father's name was
supposedly J. Mather Martin). Has anyone come across these two families
together, i.e., through marriages?

Bill Derrow

This thread: