MARTIN-L Archives

Archiver > MARTIN > 2008-07 > 1217565590

Subject: Re: [MARTIN] Martin genealogyLewis Hiram Martin John MArtin SarahIsabella Martin
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 00:39:50 EDT

Maggie,

This is a top notch piece of research.............wow. Thank you so much
for doing all of this work and then sharing it with us. And thanks for your
kind words. Just a little note. Eden Martin's web site has information
collected from his grandfather, among other resources. I have mentioned Eden
Martin many times, but I did not have anything to do with his site, other than to
salute him for putting it up for so many of us to use. Eden Martin has also
done a bunch of his own original research and some writings about his line in
our family.

I need to study the family names you have just presented in depth and
probably plot it out in order to digest everything your have done. The work you
have done certainly seems to make sense. I remember when I first started
researching the Martin family more than 10 years ago, I corresponded with Steve
Freeman who was then living in Hong Kong or some distant place in Asia. He
was trying to piece together information about our Martin family using some
Montgomery family members who had also married more than once with our Martin
clan, thinking if we researched the Montgomerys it could lead us back to
Martins before they were in Logan County, KY. I believe he was a descendant of
Philip W. Martin who died in Sullivan, MO in 1874.

At any rate, I agree that collaboration is the way to go in genealogical
research. It is wonderful to be associated with a group that shares so freely.

Jan Lowe
Minneapolis

In a message dated 7/31/2008 12:10:48 P.M. Central Daylight Time, ROO ZOO 8