Archiver > MARTINIQUE > 2003-06 > 1056297655

From: "Terry Morgan" <>
Subject: [MARTINIQUE] My family: Lafayette, and Cambeilh (changed to Campbell), Perrod (Perron)
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 09:00:55 -0700

The Lafayette's were plantation owners. My great grandmother brought her family to San Francisco in 1911, after the death of her husband (Terbeax Lafayette, Aka Theodore or Thebald) it is believed that his grave was buried under the eruption that happen after they left. My Grandmother is Medelice Memmen Lafayette, Aka Mammie

The Cambeilh's (just one of the spellings) were also prominent people, who went to Phil. Pennsylvania and later to San Francisco. George Thomas Cambeilh (Campbell) was a candy maker who visited Martinique a few times.

Thank you

This thread: