MARTINS-L Archives

Archiver > MARTINS > 2002-08 > 1029351519

Subject: Daniel McNair Martin
Date: 14 Aug 2002 12:58:39 -0600

Surnames: Martin
Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/rw/SKz.2ACIB/83

Message Board Post:

Hello! I am trying to obtain family info/history on Daniel McNair Martin and his ancester John Martin. I am ultimately looking for my Irish roots. The following is all the available info that I have thus far:

John Martin came from Ireland about 1740, landed in Philadelphia and married an Irish lady named Isabella. They moved from Penn. to the Clover Bottoms of Virginia. Moved from there to Kershaw Dist. near Camden in South Carolina. Legend has it that his 3 sons served in the Rebel army. They all lived in Kershaw Dist. after the Rev. War. Source: letter dated May,18,1870 written by Daniel McNair Martin.