MASON-L Archives

Archiver > MASON > 2004-10 > 1097284773

Subject: Re: William Allen Mason
Date: 8 Oct 2004 19:19:33 -0600

Surnames: Mason
Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/an/Bky.2ACEB/1747.2266.1.1

Message Board Post:

Hi! The William Allen Mason that I am seeking information on was born on 3 April 1852 on the Cumberland Plateau of Tennessee and died on 17 November 1924 near Rogersville Alabama. I am not sure about his siblings. I have heard he may have had brothers named John, Joe, and Marion. His father was Cherokee Indian (James Madison Albert Jackson Levi Roy Mason). He sometimes went by the name James Lee Mason. James Mason may not have been his real name, but an assumed name to help hide his Indian ancestry. His mother may or may not have been Indian. Her name was Louisa Elizabeth Hall. William Allen's first wife was named Nancy Margaret Kimbrell. His second wife, from whom I descended was named Martha Jane (Jennie) Bradford Mason. Thanks for your time. I pray that this was a good "hit."

James Smith

This thread: