MASON-L Archives

Archiver > MASON > 2010-05 > 1273900920

From: ,
Subject: [MASON] Confusion... Colonial Virginia Masons (John> John>,John> William> Martin)
Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 05:22:00 -0000

Author: ijf90
Surnames: Mason, McKeachy, McKeachey, Lnu
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.mason/5661/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Can someone please help me confirm and/or add to this line of Masons who were in Virginia (Augusta County) and later moved to Kentucky (Lincoln County)?

1670 John Mason
Born: 1670
Married: to Leah McKeachey, Virginia
Died:
Children: John

1675? Leah McKeachey
Born: Wigtown, Wigtownshire, Scotland
Died:

1699 John Mason
Born: 1699, Virginia
Married: (about 1724?) to Mary Lnu, Bedford, Virginia
Died: August 16, 1761?, Augusta County, Virginia
Children:

1703? Mary (Lnu?) Mason
Born: 1703
Died: (before 1761) Virginia, Colonial America

1723?? John Mason
Born: 1723?, Augusta County, Virginia (Son of John and Mary (Lnu?) Mason)
Married: 1740? to Leah McKeachy, Virginia
Died: August 18, 1761, Augusta County, Virginia
Children: John, Jane Jennet, William, James, Joseph, Mary, Margaret

1725 Leah (McKeachy) Mason
Born: 1725, Wigtown, Wigtownshire, Scotland (Daughter of James McKeachy)
Died: Botetourt County, Virginia, Colonial America

1750? William Mason
Born: 1750?, Botetourt County, Virginia, Colonial America (Son of John and Leah (McKeachy Mason)
Married: to Sarah McKeachey
Died: February 25, 1803, Butler, Kentucky, United States of America
Children: Jane, James, Richard, Mary "Polly", Frances, John, Nancy, Lettice, Rachel, Thompson, Margaret (1797?), Elizabeth, Hugh, William (1795?), Martin (1800?)

1750? Sarah (McKeachey) Mason
Born: 1750
Died:

1800? Martin Mason
Born: 1800?, Lincoln County, Kentucky (Son of William Mason and Sarah (McKeachey) Mason)
Married: August 2, 1821 to Eleanor Yocum, Lincoln County, Kentucky
Died: (after 1880), Lincoln County, Kentucky
Children: Liberty (1825?), Jonathan "John" (1830?), Julia Ann (1832?), Henry Martin (1834?), Martin Huff (1835?), Malinda J. (1841?), Lucinda "Lucy" Ellen (1842?), David A. (1845?), Joseph H. (1848?)
Occupation: Farmer

1805? Ellender (or Eleanor/Ellender) (Yocum) Mason
Born: 1805?, Kentucky (Daughter of Henry Yoakum and Sarah Malinda (King) Yoakum)
Died: Lincoln County, Kentucky

...As you can see, I think I have something wrong. I have a Leah McKeachey of Wigtown marrying John Mason I... and also a Leah McKeachy (no extra "e") of Wigtown marrying John Mason III. I have just been finding a LOT of conflicting information... so If anyone could please help me clarify things and maybe help find out more that I don't know, it would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you!

Important Note: