MASUFFOL-L Archives

Archiver > MASUFFOL > 2003-11 > 1069019922

From: Janet Foote <>
Subject: [MASUFFOL] Newspaper Lookup - Marriage, Tremont Temple, Boston, 12-Dec., 1890
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 15:58:59 -0600

Dear List,

I have documentation of a marriage between James E. FOOTE and Emily Maude YOUNG on 12-Dec., 1890,
performed by Abijah HALL. I have the marriage certificate from the City of Boston, and the event
is documented in the obituary for Emily Maude (WILLIAMS) (YOUNG) FOOTE, 8-Jul., 1927. "WILLIAMS"
was her birth name - "YOUNG" was her stepfather's name.

The obituary describes the wedding as a largely attended event at Tremont Temple - several hundred
guests. Both members of the wedding party were officers in the Salvation Army, and the ceremony
was assisted by Ballington BOOTH. One would think that such an event would have made the papers.

Does anyone have access to old newspapers from this time or can they point me to a resource for
same? I certainly would be willing to pay for reasonable expenses.

Thank you in advance,
Janet FOOTE
Katy, TX

This thread: