MAYFIELD-L Archives

Archiver > MAYFIELD > 2000-07 > 0963982548

From: "J. Hoyle Mayfield" <>
Subject: Re: [MAYFIELD] Thomas Jefferson Mayfield (& Hoyle #1)
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 21:55:48 -0700

I found this subject matter interesting, and somewhat familiar (tho' I
never could have repeated all such stories correctly). I couldn't do any
more with this topic than what Hoyle provided.

Now that story about Mary Mayfield Copeland is one of my favorites. Hoyle
and I spent most of one vacation at our time-sharing cottage writing and
editing that story. Not sure where he's filed it but I could find it
sometime -- whenever I get time to get through his many files and books.
Besides the fun of writing the story, we had fun twice in Overton Co.
talking with people who knew something about that story, and we were even
taken to the crossroads in the country where the fight occurred. The
girlfriend had gone there to take the life of Mary, but Mary had the
audacity and strength to steal the girlfriend's weapon. It went to the
State Supreme Court so Hoyle had no problems gathering data; but the
homespun local spins on the story made it more interesting to learn and
write about.

I keep looking at Hoyle's files and books and call them goldmines. But I'm
having trouble finding the top of his desk because that's where I've been
working for over 6 weeks now. My problem is I have too much to think about
and too little to think with.

Kind regards,
Evelyn

This thread: