MAYFIELD-L Archives

Archiver > MAYFIELD > 2008-07 > 1217119304

From: "Betty Riley" <>
Subject: Re: [MAYFIELD] James S. Mayfield
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 20:41:19 -0500

Hi Albert,
Thanks for answering. Since they share a similar name do you know your James
S.'s linage back?
My James S. was b. in Tn and I'm convinced his parents were the William &
Nancy Mayfield found in Blount Co., AL on the 1830 & 1840 Fed. Cen. and the
1855 AL St. Cen. I can't find this William & Nancy "for sure" on the 1830
Fed. Cenjust have only a strong belief that this is so, no "proof". But I do
not believe the Samuel C. & Rodice Mayfield of Maury Co., TN were his
parents.
However, due to the earlier records (assumptions) by Glenn and others, it is
now online as being so and it is impossible to get it changed now, it would
appear.
I just have to keep on looking. :)
Thanks.
Betty Mayfield Riley