MCAFEE-L Archives

Archiver > MCAFEE > 2003-07 > 1058320867

Subject: [McAFEE] McAFEE part 2
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 22:01:07 EDT

24. xxx. JOHN KY MO MCAFEE, b. 1781, PA or KY; d. August 19, 1841, Shelby
County, MO.
25. xxxi. ARCHIBALD PA/NJ/TN MCAFEE, b. 1783, Pennsylvania; d. 1865, Green
County , TN.
26. xxxii. WILLIAM "NC" MCAFEE, b. 1790.
27. xxxiii. WALLACE WILLIAM MCAFEE, b. Abt. 1793, North Carolina.
xxxiv. JOHN MCAFFERY MCAFEE, b. Abt. 1795; m. PATSEY HUNT, March 21,
1817, Wilson County, Tennessee.

Marriage Notes for JOHN MCAFEE and PATSEY HUNT:
Bondsman Harvey H. SEAWELL m. by William SEAWELL Wilson County

28. xxxv. ROBERT KY MCAFEE, b. August 01, 1798; d. January 11, 1860, Mercer
County, Kentucky.
29. xxxvi. FRANCIS MCAFEE, b. Abt. 1800.
30. xxxvii. J. T. MCAFEE, b. Abt. 1800, Pennsylvania.
xxxviii. JOHN THOMAS PA/TN/AL MCAFEE, b. Abt. 1800, Pennsylvania; d.
1833, Alabama; m. NANCY BLAIR.

Notes for JOHN THOMAS PA/TN/AL MCAFEE:
Ginger McAFEE researching this line

xxxix. WILLIAM P. MCAFEE, b. Abt. 1800; m. POLLY BOND, February 03,
1830, Knox County, Tennessee.

Marriage Notes for WILLIAM MCAFEE and POLLY BOND:
Bondsman B. M. WALLACE, m by Isaac LEWIS

31. xl. HENDERSON SC MCAFEE, b. 1801, Pickens County, South Carolina; d. Aft.
1870, Texas.
xli. ELIZABETH MCAFEE, b. Abt. 1805; m. JAMES JENNINGS, January 24,
1825, Tennessee.
xlii. JOSEPH MCAFEE, b. Abt. 1805; m. JULIANNA HUGES, July 24, 1831,
Harris County, Georgia.
32. xliii. CHARLES W . KY IN MO. MCAFEE, b. 1806, Kentucky; d. April 15,
1863, St. Louis, Missour.
xliv. JOHN MEGUFFEE MCAFEE, b. Abt. 1815; m. ELIZABETH WILLIAMSON,
March 03, 1839, Carroll County, Georgia.
xlv. ELEANOR MCAFEE, b. Abt. 1820; m. WILLIAM FANN, January 22, 1850,
Tennessee.
33. xlvi. ISAAC MCAFEE, b. Abt. 1820.
xlvii. JAMES MCAFEE, b. Abt. 1820; m. ELIZABETH MINTON, August 30, 1845,
Tennessee.
34. xlviii. JOHN THOMAS "MISSOURI" MCAFEE, b. Abt. 1820.
35. xlix. WILLIAM MCAFEE, b. Abt. 1820.
36. l. WILLIAM A. MCAFEE, b. Abt. 1820, Kentucky.
37. li. WILLIAM H. MCAFEE, b. Abt. 1820, Kentucky; d. Kentucky.
lii. WILLIAM K. MCAFEE, b. Abt. 1820; m. LOUISA HARMAN, August 24,
1848, Tennessee.
liii. DORSEY MCAFEE, b. 1821; m. EMELINE XXX.
38. liv. HUGH NC MS TX MCAFEE, b. 1821, North Carolina.
lv. C. L. MCAFEE, b. Abt. 1822; m. D. L. WRIGHT, January 25, 1842,
Tennessee.
lvi. MARGARET MCAFEE, b. Abt. 1822; m. JACOB J. BROWN, March 03, 1842,
Tennessee.
lvii. JOHN MCAFEE, b. 1822; m. NANCY ANN BABBS.
lviii. J. F. MCAFEE, b. Abt. 1825; m. M. J. COLLIER, February 09, 1847,
Tennessee.

Marriage Notes for J. MCAFEE and M. COLLIER:
another marriage record

J. F. MCAFEE to M. J. COLLIER August 25, 1858 by Thos. ROGERS, J.P
(8/22/1858)
McMinn County, TN

lix. JAMES M. TN MCAFEE, b. Abt. 1825; d. Maury County, TN; m.
ARTEMESSA L. QUEEN, July 30, 1857, Habersham County, Georgia.
lx. ELIZABETH MCAFEE, b. Abt. 1827; m. WILLIAM E. CRESWELL, February 08,
1847, Tennessee.
39. lxi. JACOB MCAFEE, b. Abt. 1829; d. 1895.
40. lxii. JOHN FREDERICK CANADA MCAFEE, b. Abt. 1830.
41. lxiii. THOMAS R. "TN" MCAFEE, b. Abt. 1830.
lxiv. THOMAS L. MCRAFFEE, b. Abt. 1830; m. M. P. BEACHMAN, January 10,
1850, Carroll County, Georgia.
42. lxv. MARTIN MCAFEE, b. 1830.
lxvi. AMANDA TN MCAFEE, b. January 19, 1835; m. ABRAHAM H. SUMNERS,
Abt. 1860.

Notes for AMANDA TN MCAFEE:
Martekelog @aol.com researching this line

lxvii. LOUISA E. MCAFFEY MCAFEE, b. Abt. 1838; m. JAMES C. BAINE,
November 14, 1858, McMinn County, Tennessee.

Marriage Notes for LOUISA MCAFEE and JAMES BAINE:
reference Marriage Book D page 150
McMinn Co TN
m. by Robert COCHRAN J. P.

43. lxviii. ANDREW "MISSOURI" MCAFEE, b. Abt. 1840.
lxix. JOHN W. MCAFEE, b. Abt. 1840; m. MARTHA R. CARTER, July 10, 1865,
Lawrence County, Tennessee.

Marriage Notes for JOHN MCAFEE and MARTHA CARTER:
Bonsdsman John B. MCAFEE m. by W. C. DAVIS, J.P. 7/9/1865 Lawrence Co

lxx. W. M. MCAFEE, b. Abt. 1840; m. NANCY TATE, September 07, 1865,
Franklin County, Alabama.
lxxi. WILLIAM "CONN." MCAFEE, b. 1840; d. Conn; m. NAOMI COLPITTS; b.
1844, New Brunswick; d. 1885.

Notes for WILLIAM "CONN." MCAFEE:
Barb Researching this line

William's father was in British Army sent to Ireland to fight where he met a
young Irish Catholic girl and left the army and married and came to New
Brunswick. They helped in the building of Mechancs Settlement and a Trade School
where they taught construction horseshoeing Blacksmithing ect.

lxxii. SAMUEL MCAFEE, b. 1842, Missouri; d. Aft. 1885; m. MARY E. XXXX;
b. 1851, West Virginia; d. Aft. 1885.

Notes for SAMUEL MCAFEE:
1885 Mills Co. IA state census Town of Malvern

McAfee, Samuel L., 43 / m / married / minister / MO
McAfee, Mary E., 34 / f / married / WV

44. lxxiii. SAMUEL M MCAFEE, b. Abt. 1850.
lxxiv. THOMAS R. MCAFEE, b. Abt. 1858; m. A. E. MCAFEE, March 06, 1881,
Hickman County, Tennessee.

Marriage Notes for THOMAS MCAFEE and A. MCAFEE:
lic. issued 3/4/1881 married by V. B. SHOUSE, J.P. BONDSMAN, S. M. CUMMINS
Book 4 page 236

lxxv. AURELIUS MCAFEE, b. 1859, Ohio; m. PHEBE ELLEN FLOWERS.
45. lxxvi. ALFRED BURTON GA/TX MCAFEE, b. January 21, 1861, Georgia; d.
March 03, 1930, Temple, Bell County, Texas.
lxxvii. J. E. MCAFEE, b. Abt. 1865; m. SUSIE TAYLOR, February 27, 1887,
Hickman County, Tennessee.

Marriage Notes for J. MCAFEE and SUSIE TAYLOR:
Lic. Issued 2/26/1887
married by E. W. EASLEY J.P. BONDSMAN, S. GRUMMETT, Book 6, page 113

46. lxxviii. THOMAS KS MCAFEE, b. 1875, Kansas; d. 1935, Kansas.

Generation No. 2

2. XXXX2 MCAFEE (AMERICAN1) He married LOUISE MCAFEE. She was born in
Kentucky.

Child of XXXX MCAFEE and LOUISE MCAFEE is:
i. DUDLEY T.3 MCAFEE, b. June 05, 1841, Green County, Kentucky; d.
December 20, 1923, Green County, Kentucky.

More About DUDLEY T. MCAFEE:
Burial: December 22, 1923, Kessler Grave Yard, Greensburg, Kentucky

3. XXXX NEW HAMPSHIRE2 MCAFEE (AMERICAN1) was born Abt. 1690. He married
XXXX XXXX.

Notes for XXXX NEW HAMPSHIRE MCAFEE:
The first family in America was on of McAFFEE or McAFEE (Christian name
unknown) who settled in Rochester, New Hampshire, before 1720. Matthew McAFEE was
the son of this immigrant, and made his home in Londonderry, New Hampshire.

More About XXXX NEW HAMPSHIRE MCAFEE:
Fact 1: 1720, came to Rochester N. H. before this date

Child of XXXX MCAFEE and XXXX XXXX is:
47. i. MATTHEW3 MCAFEE.

4. JAMES IRE/PA/VA/KY2 MCAFEE (AMERICAN1) was born October 17, 1707 in
Ireland. He married JANET JENNY JANE ANTRIM MCMICHAEL 1735 in Ireland, daughter of
MALCOLM MCMICHAEL. She was born Abt. 1723 in Armah County, Ireland.

Notes for JAMES IRE/PA/VA/KY MCAFEE:
James is believed to be the son of John MCAFEE Jr. b. 1673 and Married Mary
RODGERS about 1700, He was the son of John Sr and Elizabeth MONTGOMERY, who was
the son of Malcom of the McDUFFIE clan in Scotland. I believe James had 3
brothers John, Malcolm and William.

James the immigrant came to American about 1739 from Belfast, Ireland. He
was in Pennsylvania by 1739 and his home was in Lancaster County, PA.
His wife Jane and 3 young sons, James Jr., John and Malcolm. Malcolm died on
the voyage and was buried at sea.

Family moved to Augusta County, VA about 1748 .

(Patricia Imani)

Dear list:
I'm one of the many descendants of Robert McAfee and Ann McCoun, and of
the early McAfee ancestor John McAfee (1) b. 1645 who immigrated from
Colonsay to Armagh, Ire.

I would like to check in with other McAfee researchers concerning the
wife of John McAfee Sr.
- commonly shown as Elizabeth Montgomery.

I have been gathering information for the last year, that is I am a new
McAfee researcher and no expert by any measure, but what I have been
told by other researchers with more experience is this: Where popularly
Elizabeth Montgomery has been listed as the wife of John McAfee Sr.,
the research by Maurie McCoun Klimcheck in the 1980's showed that
Elizabeth Montgomery was actually the wife of James McCoun (2) - who's
great granddaughter, Anne McCoun, married Robert McAfee (son of James
McAfee and Jane McMichael).

Robert McAfee and Anne McCoun's son was Robert B. McAfee. Robert B.
McAfee's writings
have served as a basis for much of the early McAfee research, and later
genealogical records, and are apparently the root of the Elizabeth
Montgomery - John McAfee (1) connection. However, the research by Maurie
McCoun Klimcheck in the set of volumes "The Descendants of James McCoun
and Margaret Walker" shows that Elizabeth Montgomery married James
McCoun (2) - this making Elizabeth Montgomery Robert. B. McAfee's great
grandmother on the *maternal* side rather than the paternal (a paternal
association was noted in Robert B. McAfee's writings.)

Do any of you have a copy of Maurie McCoun Klimcheck's book to look up
the information on Elizabeth Montgomery/James McCoun (2)?

Also, my understanding was that marriage records for John McAfee have
never been discovered, and that a wife was not mentioned in his will
(apparently he was widowed).

I know this opens up a whole can of worms (and I'm sure it's been opened
before) but I think it should be investigated and if there is a question
as to the name of John McAfee's wife, that a notation should be made in
our records.

Does anyone have documentation to show Elizabeth Montgomery to be the
wife of John McAfee Sr. - other than those genealogy records that use
the writings of Robert B. McAfee as a source (apparently the LDS records
also rely ...down the line...on Robert B. McAfee's writings) ?