MCAFEE-L Archives

Archiver > MCAFEE > 2005-06 > 1120098546

From: Mark Alexander <>
Subject: John S. McAfee family of North Carolina and Arkansas
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 19:29:06 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Everyone! My name is Mark Alexander and I am new to this particular query board. I have a good deal of data on the McAfee descendants of North and South Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee, etc. My lieeage is of James McAfee(1705-1769) of old Tryon Co., N.C. through his eldest child and son William(1735-1805) of Burke Co., N.C. through his eldest child and son James Ervin (McAfee)(1762-1847) of Habersham Co., Georgia through his fifth (or sixth child and son Thomas Virgil (McAfee)(1810-1896) of White Co., Ga.through his fifth child and daughter Elizabeth S. McAfee Church (1836-1911) through her daughter Nancy Ann Church Prickett(1874-1952) through her son Robert R. Prickett(1908-1971) through his eldest child and daughter Roma E.. P. Alexander(my mother).
I have had a query about a Spencer Alvin McAfee(b. 1832 in Rutherford Co., N.C. to a John S. and Elvira (or Elzira) McAfee.) I have found him in several census records but am trying to make certain that he is indeed the son of John S. McAfee. This Spencer ended up in the area between Arkansas and Missouri in the 1870's and beyond. I have more info to share on this.
If anyone has any information in their data about Spencer, his family, his parents and siblings please contact me at

Mark Alexander (6th great grandson of James McAfee Sr. of old Tryon Co., N.C.)

Yahoo! Sports