MCCRACKEN-L Archives

Archiver > MCCRACKEN > 2002-09 > 1032652894

Subject: Re: [MCCRACKEN] David John McCracken, NC, TN, GA
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 20:01:34 EDT

In a message dated 9/21/2002 2:43:13 PM Central Daylight Time,
writes:

> Subj:[MCCRACKEN] David John McCracken, NC, TN, GA
> Date:9/21/2002 2:43:13 PM Central Daylight Time
> From:<A HREF="mailto:"></A>
> To:<A HREF="mailto:"></A>
> Sent from the Internet

> Surnames: McCracken, Hicks, Barrett, Skelton, Meek, Crawford, Hartman
> Classification: Query
>
> Message Board URL:
>
> http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/an/xVz.2ACEB/661
>
> Message Board Post:
>
> Looking for David John McCracken [or John David]. Rumored to have riden
> horseback from Habersham, GA to TN. Believed to be my gg or ggg-gf.
> Believed to have a son John David McCracken, resided in Hawkins County, TN.
>
> We think that David John born about 1810ish to 1830'ish died late 1800's
> resided in Washington, Sullivan or Hawkins County, TN after returning from
> Habersham, GA on horseback. Any help at all we are grateful.
> Thanks, Jeanie

Dear Jeanie,

(Not sure on total absolute correctness of all information but, perhaps, it
will guide you to what you're looking for.)

(Please, anyone send any corrections that you see necessary.)

I show a David Vaughn McCRACKEN, born: 1810 in Crabtree, Haywood County,
North Carolina, died: May 28, 1897 in Crabtree, Haywood County, North
Carolina, who married a Mary E. GARRETT, born: 1814, died: 1891, and this
David was a son of Sarah VAUGHN and Joseph Cass McCRACKEN, born: January 04,
1776 in Habersham County, Georgia, died: March 15, 1848 in Crabtree, Haywood
County, North Carolina, and they married March 15, 1798 in Habersham County,
Georgia, and this Joseph Cass McCRACKEN was the son of Elizabeth WILSON and
David E. McCRACKEN, Jr..

My PIERCE lineage married into the McCRACKEN lineage of David E. McCRACKEN,
Jr., (RS,) born: April 18, 1747 in White, Habersham County, Georgia, who
married Elizabeth WILSON, and they were the parents of the Elizabeth
McCRACKEN, born: 1776 in Spartanburg District, (later 96th Dist./then
Edgefield Dist. then Co.,) South Carolina, died: 1850 in Henderson, Rusk
County, Texas, who married in Abt. 1799 probably in Franklin Co., GA, George
(2) PIERCE, born: 1774 in Habersham County, Georgia, died: 1865 in Cherokee
County, Texas, who was the son of Hugh PIERCE, (RS,) born: Abt. 1771 in
Frederick County, Virginia, and his wife, Sophia/Sofia HUNTER, (Cherokee,)
believed to be the daughter of Cherokee mother, Beaver TOTER/TOATER, and
Cherokee father, Bold HUNTER, born: Abt. 1750 in NC, died: in Texas. Hugh
PIERCE, (RS,) and Sophia HUNTER are believed, also, to have been the parents
of my paternal 3rd great grandmother, Elizabeth "Betty" PIERCE, born: 1790
in 96th District, South Carolina, (formerly Spartanburg District then 96th
then Edgefield Dist. then County,) who married my paternal 3rd great
grandfather, William MYRICK, born: Abt. 1790 in ?/possibly
Barnwell/Allendale County, South Carolina, who may have been, but not yet
proven, the William MYRICK who was the son of (Colonel) James L. MYRICK,
born: bet. 1740-1760, and Mary BROOKER, born: bet. 1740-1760, (daughter of
(Rev.) John BROOKER, (looking for more information on this BROOKER family.)

The MYRICK and PIERCE -McCRACKEN-WILSON families married into the
DeLOACH(E)/des LOGES/DESLOGES and KUKENDALL families as well as HERRINGTON,
STUCKEY, GRANTHAM, BARLOW, PARKER, LEWIS, MANGUM, etc..

The aforementioned David E. McCRACKEN, Jr., (RS/Pvt.,) who married Elizabeth
WILSON is shown in my information as the son of Elizabeth BOYD and David
McCRACKEN, Sr., born: 1724 in White, Habersham County, Georgia, and
Elizabeth BOYD and David E. McCRACKEN, Sr. were married on March 06, 1739/40
in St. Mary's County, Maryland.

But just yesterday I found information showing David McCRACKEN that married
Elizabeth WILSON as the son of an immigrant from Scotland named Jonnie
McCRACKEN, born: ??, died: 1803, who married an Ail-Sey-Hawk BOWMAN, born:
1780, died. 1837. It would appear at first glance that this Jonnie
McCRACKEN might have been the father of the David McCRACKEN, Sr., born:
1724, who married Elizabeth BOYD.

I am interested in finding out more information ont he wife of Jonnie
McCRACKEN who wa Ai-Sey-Hawk BOWMAN whose name sounds decidedly Native
American Indian. Does anyone know anything about her?

In addition, in my information there other David McCRACKENs but no others
that I am showing that same approximate time frame that you mentioned.

Looking forward to hearing from anyone with any of this info. Thanks.

Sincerely,

Bellinda Myrick - Barnett

This thread: