MCGLINN-L Archives

Archiver > MCGLINN > 2003-08 > 1060371532

From: "THOMAS MCGLINN" <>
Subject: Re: [MCGLINN] McGlinn in Maine and New Brunswick
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 12:43:39 -0700

Hi Sharyn

My GGrandfather came in at Philly in 1848 at age 17 but told immigration he
was 18. He was alone and went to St Louis and then to Emerald, KS. He was
the postmaster at Emerald and a farmer. He married a widow in Emerald by
the name of Ellen Butterworth (McFinney I believe was her maiden name). On
the other side of the pond we now believe he was from Co. Fermaugh or Tyrone
in Ulster. In Sept I plan to do some digging in that area and if you would
like any information dug up by physically looking at cemeteries, it would be
my pleasure. In Griffith's valuation there were only 81 families with the
McGlinn surname. We know absolutely nothing about the family in Ireland.
For $648 round trip it is sure worth the money and time since the people of
Ireland are so wonderful. This is a stab in the dark.

If I can be any further assistance, let me know.

TOM