MCIVER-L Archives

Archiver > MCIVER > 2006-05 > 1147188888

From: "Susan Abernathy" <>
Subject: RE: [McIver] RE: LAST LIVING DESCENDANT WILLIAM MCIVER
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 11:34:48 -0400

Hi Fred,

Thanks for the suggestion about location. The form filled out by
participants asks for earliest known ancestor location. Most of our
participants know of ancestors all the way back to Scotland, so that's how
they answered the question. The project is set up to disallow browsing and
contact information by non-participants. It is a privacy issue and
obviously there is a trade-off between being easy to find by people you
would love to hear from and having your personal information kept private
unless you choose to share it. We opted for the latter.

I do have some Hagans in my database, related to McIvers through a Joanna
Ford who married a Hagan. Joanna traces back to Mary Ann McIver, b 1840.
She was the daughter of Thomas Angus McIver, b 1804. Our information has
these Hagans in Alabama. Does any of this match yours?

I would love to know more about your McIver line. I am searching for
information about Duncan and Roderick McIver who moved to Tennessee in the
early 1800's and for all their descendants.

Susan McIver Abernathy