MCKEE-L Archives

Archiver > MCKEE > 2001-07 > 0995728652

From: Linda <>
Subject: [MCKEE] Robert James Mckee b. Nov. 1836
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 10:17:32 -0500

It's been a long while since I last posted. Maybe new Mckees are on
now...

My Mckee family is from Ireland. They came over about 1836-1838. They
settled in New York City. Robert James Mckee b. Nov. 1836 NY.is married
to Cordelia Jane Noyes. Her family was from Wayne Co., Ny., Mass,
England. I have found a possible father for Robert J. in the 1850
census. Robert was a tailor. His sister was Mary she was a seamstess.
The age is close for Robert and sister Mary. Robert named a son John
Alexander.
This Alexander b. 1813 Ireland is also a Clothier. This all fits very
well.
The wife would have died between 1843 and 1850. Alexander may have
remarried. In the 1870 census I found Robert with wife Cordelia and son
William with his sister Mary Mckee the dressmaker in Orange, Essex Co.,
NJ. I have not found them in the 1860 Census.?? In 1880 Robert J. and
family are in Hancock Co., Ill., by 1900 they are in Sedgwick Co.,
Kansas. and died there. Does anyone have a Robert James Mckee or a
Alexander Mckee from Ireland to New York between 1836 to 1838.?? This
Alexander has other children..Lusana, Eliza, John, Mary A....The William
listed could be a brother to Alexander??
I do have the children of Robert J. If any one is interested.
Thank you,
Linda

1850 NYC ward 6, p 28
the M'Kee Family (surname is written this way on the census)
Name age sex occupation Birthplace
Alexander 37 M clothier Ireland
Lusana 14 F Ireland
Robert 12 NY