MCKEE-L Archives

Archiver > MCKEE > 2001-07 > 0996123098

Subject: [MCKEE] Shea Bocqueraz & McKee
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 00:51:38 EDT

Subj: Shea Bocqueraz & McKee
Date: 07/25/01 07:37:27 PM Pacific Daylight Time
From: (Peggy)

I am looking for information on the man the owned the "Old Teacup" whiskey
label. My great grandfather was James Shea of Shea Bocqueraz & McKee liquor
importers in San Francisco. This Springfield straight whiskey was imported
from a town north of Louisville, Ky. James Shea became a citizen in 1866. CD
O'Sullivan who owned Sullivan and
Cashman with Cashman, became VP of the Hibernia Bank which he help found.
The business became Shea Hussey & Co. owned by J. Hussey and James Shea and
(Antoine Bocqueraz) -----name was in parentheses in the SF directory.
In 1871 the company was renamed Shea Bocqueraz and McKee. There were two
Bocqueraz--Antoine and Pierre in SF (from a directory on the internet) and
Antoine was b in Italy and Pierre in France. By 1884 Antoine had returned
to live in France and McKee had moved to Oakland. It was McKee who
originally owned the "Tea Cup" label. I am not sure what year the company
was
incorporated, but it looks like 1869 Do you have any info on this McKee?
Thanks, Peggy

This thread: