MCKEE-L Archives

Archiver > MCKEE > 2001-08 > 0996875472

From: "Randall Goodner" <>
Subject: [MCKEE] McKee's of Fulton County, Illinois
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 14:52:43 -0700

Looking for my Joseph McKee, who married Margaret Kingery in Fulton County, Illinois, on 4 November 1855. The History of Fulton County says that a Joseph McKee settled Kerton Twp about 1827. Also mentions Edward McKee from Ireland, who settled around 1835 and Elizabeth McKee also born in Ireland. The 1840 census shows a Joseph McKee and a Joseph G. McKee. The 1850 census has Edmund McKee, age 63, born Ireland and wife Mary, born Ireland. My Joseph stated that both his parents and he were born in Ohio. There seem to be many, many Joseph McKee's, all born about the same time, so it's been difficult to pin down this one. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Viki Goodner

This thread: