MCKEE-L Archives

Archiver > MCKEE > 2001-08 > 0997799839

Subject: [MCKEE] Re: McKee, William
Date: 14 Aug 2001 08:37:19 -0600

I do not know of the line I am involved in being north of TN, mostly GA/MS and west. This is not to say your William is somehow not related.

You may know William was likely the most common name for Scot's due to the famous William Bruce whom defeated the english (of Mel Gibson fame). There were also many different spellings for Macky/Mackey/Mackie/McKee/Mckie, etc. I do not know where you are at, but if you are in the south there is a very good book that seems to be in many libraries, Mackeys & Allied Families. Could give you some help.

Claude

This thread: