MCKEE-L Archives

Archiver > MCKEE > 2002-01 > 1011449532

Subject: [MCKEE] Re: William Mckee,James Mckee
Date: 19 Jan 2002 07:12:12 -0700

Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/an/Xlz.2ACEB/1083.1

Message Board Post:

We do have a William and James McKee in our family tree in Ohio the early 1800's. William was born May 31, 1797. His brother James was born Oct 25th 1807. They are the sons of a John McKee. Unfortunately, John, James and William in the McKee Clan are probably the most common names. They had a hierarchy of naming children. First Boy after Fathers Father etc.
We have some indication that this branch of the McKee Clan came from Virginia in the very early 1800's. William and James mother was Elizabeth Reed. She remaried in Ohio in about 1820, so we think that John sr. died abt. 1815.

This thread: