MCKEE-L Archives

Archiver > MCKEE > 2002-01 > 1012147931

From: cab011f <>
Subject: [MCKEE] Joseph McKee of Dallas Co, MO
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 10:13:14 -0600

Hi, group. I am doing some research for my cousin on her father's family, the
McKee's. Joseph McKee is found in the 1850 Dallas County, MO census, age 24
with wife Nancy. By 1860, he is with wife Caroline (Doolin). In the 1880
census it shows his mother and father were both born in Virginia. All census
records indicate Joseph was born in Ohio. The only other McKee in the 1850
census of Dallas County is Emaly, age 46, born in Virginia with sons Albert
age 17 (born OH) and Morris R (born IN) age 9 and daughters Harriot age 5 and
Rachel age 2 both born in MO. Can't help but think Emaly isn't Joseph's
mother - they live two households away. Does anyone have a clue who Joseph's
father might be or where there were MCKee's in Virginia? World Connect
indicates Joseph was born in Highland, Ohio. Thanks for any help.....Carmen

Carmen Boyd, MS, LPC, RD <>
Instructor, Biomedical Sciences Department
Southwest Missouri State University

This thread: