MCKEE-L Archives

Archiver > MCKEE > 2003-09 > 1064936850

Subject: [MCKEE] Re: James McKee - Shenango Township, western PA, 1790's
Date: 30 Sep 2003 09:47:30 -0600

Classification: Biography

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/rw/Xlz.2ACEB/1261.1.1.2.2

Message Board Post:

Mildred, I will look out for references to Wm. Getz. One more item I found on McKEE: On page 329 of "History of Lawrence County": "The New Castle Poorhouse" - "This institution is located in this township, on about forty-four acres of land presented to the city for that purpose by Charles M. Phillips. A special act of legislation in the winter of 1865-66, was passed for the establishment of a poorhouse, and James B. McKEE and William B. Lutton appointed commissioners to attend to the location and erection of buildings."

This thread: