MCKEE-L Archives

Archiver > MCKEE > 2004-08 > 1093308430

Subject: Re: James McKee of Fleming Co., Ky.
Date: 23 Aug 2004 18:47:10 -0600

Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/an/Xlz.2ACEB/1373.1.2.1.1

Message Board Post:

John I might have misled you. The photo I have is of William McKee 1783-1872. He was the brother of John O. McKee 1780-1864, not the brother of Andrew McKee.

Do you have the middle name of John O. McKee as being Owings? For two generations plus I have found his descendants continuing the middle name as Owings. This continuation is still going on today. At a McKee family reunion in Fleming Co.,Ky. I encountered a John Owings McKee who gave his son the same middle name. He didn't know why except that his father who had the Owings name said it was very important to perpetuate that middle name.

My e-mail address is . I find it difficult to find the messages on the message board sometimes.

Ray

This thread: