MCKEE-L Archives

Archiver > MCKEE > 2007-05 > 1179139425

From: "" <>
Subject: Re: [MCKEE] Parents of McKees who immigrated in 1730s from Irelandto U.S.
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 10:43:45 -0000

Author: lawley47
Surnames: Mckee,Weir,Smith
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.mckee/2318.2.2.1.1.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Hi, This is getting very interesting. I will post more later when I get out the full family history book, but I do know that our line that has both McKee's and Weir's came from a Thomas Smith who was a minister of the Presbyterian Church of Ireland and had his congregation in his native town in the county of Antrim, Ireland until he migrated to America in 1799. Also our line of Weir's were Scot's who migrated to the north of Ireland in early 1700's. Our McKee' come around 1800 when Sarah Smith (Jane Weir mother) married a Thomas McKee.

Important Note: