MCKEE-L Archives

Archiver > MCKEE > 2008-03 > 1204938923

From: "Barbara Callahan" <>
Subject: [MCKEE] Frank H. McKee and Catherine McKeon of Brooklyn, New York
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 17:15:23 -0800

I have McKees who lived in Brooklyn in the early 1900's. My Grandfather,
James Thomas McKee, b 12 Jul 1876 in Albany NY, came to Brooklyn about 1900.
His Grandfather, Patrick McKee, b May 1830 in Ireland. Possible location of
Patrick's birth is Athlone Westmeath, Ireland. He came to America with a
friend, John Farrell. John married Patrick's sister in Albany NY and Patrick
McKee is buried in a grave owned by John Farrell at St Agnes Cemetery in
Menands, NY, a suburb of Albany. On John Farrell's Grave Monument is
inscribed that he was from Athlone, Westmeath Ireland. I assumed that
perhaps Patrick was also from Westmeath. I do know there are McKees in
Antrim, N Ireland.

Barbara Andrejkovics Callahan