MCKEE-L Archives

Archiver > MCKEE > 2008-12 > 1230657992

From: ,
Subject: Re: [MCKEE] Sarah Frances McKee b. abt 1805 in N.C.
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 17:26:32 -0000

Author: jastewart33
Surnames: Mckee and Winkler
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.mckee/2410.2/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Dear Carol

I think we have a connection. I have done loads of research over the past week and have concluded that Rowan McKee is my ancestor. According to NC marriages Rowan Mekie married Susanna Winkler May 9, 1825 in Davidson county, NC. In 1830 Rowan and Susanna are in Tipton co. TN living next to Levi Moore and if your correct Rowans sisters husband. In 1840 he is listed as Roan McKee now living in Fayette county, TN.

Rowan must have died because in 1850 Susanna is living in Shelby county, TN with 3 boys and a daughter. Their names are John 23 TN, Theodore 17, Franklin 14 and Mary age 9 all born in TN. Susanna is listed as 47 born in NC. I have more!

Contact me at

Thanks

Important Note: