MCNEAL-L Archives

Archiver > MCNEAL > 2003-09 > 1064182992

From: Midge <>
Subject: Washington County, PA., McNeal families
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 16:23:23 -0600

Below is transcribed McNeal families from Washington County, PA from
1790 to 1900.

My great great Grandmother was Isabella McNeal born about 4-5-1818. She
states in all census that her father was born in PA and her mother in
Ireland. She married Joseph Ryan and they lived in Washington County,
PA.

Also in the below census, take note of Joseph and Sarah A. Ryan McNeal
census. Sarah A. Ryan McNeal was the niece of my great great
grandparents of Joseph and Isabella McNeal Ryan.

The Joseph and Sarah Ryan McNeal family may have moved to Kansas
sometime after the 1870 census as I have found two of their children,
that seem to be in Kansas later.

Midge in NM

MCNEAL CENSUS OF WASHINGTON COUNTY, PA FROM 1790 TO 1900

1790

ARCHILBALD Mc Neal 3 M 16+ 3 M UNDER 16 6 females

NEAL Mc Neal 2 m 16+ 2 m under 16 5
females

1800

FINLEY TWSP.

ARCHIBALD McNeal 1 m 10-15 2 m 16-25 1 m 45+
3 f 16-26 1 f 45+

DANIEL McNeal 1 m 16-25 1 f 16-25

PETERS TWSP.

NEAL McNeal 1 m under 10 1 m 10-15 1 m
16-25 1 m 45+
1 f under 10 1 f 10-15
1 f 16-25 1
f 45+

1810

FINLEY TWSP

DANIEL McNeal 1 m 10-15 1 m 25-44 1 m 45+
3 f under 10 1 f 10-16 1 f
16-25 1 f 26-44

JOHN McNeal 2 m under 10 1 m 25-44
1 f under 10 1 f 25-44

1810

PETERS TWSP

NEAL McNeal 3 m under 10 1 m 25-44 1 m 45+
1 f 10-15 2 f 16-25 1 f 26-44

DONEGAL TWSP.

JOHN McNeal 2 m under 10 1 m 16-24 1 m 26-44
4 f under 10 3 f 10-15 1 f
26-44

STRABANE TWSP.
JAMES McNeal 1 m 10-15 1 m 26-44
3 f under 10 1 f 26-44

BUFFALO TWSP.

THOMAS McNeal 3 m under 10 1 m 10-15 1 m 26-44
1 f 10-15 1 f 26-44

1820

DONEGAL TWSP.

RODDY? McNeal 1 m 26-44
1 f under 10 1 f 26-44

FINLEY TWSP.

JOHN McNeal 2 m 10-15 1 m 26-44 3 in
agriculture
1 f 10-15 1 f 26-44

HUGH Mc Neal 2 m under 10 1 m 26-44 1 in agriculture
1 f under 10 2 f 26-44

.

1830

E. Finley Twsp.

MATTHEW McNeal 2 m under 5 3 m under 5 -9 1 m
30-39
1 f under 5 1 f 5-9
1 f 30-39

W. Finley Twsp.

HUGH McNeal 1 m under 5 2 m 10-14 1 m
40-49
1 f under 5 2 f 5-9 1 f
10-14 2 f 40-49

Donegal Twsp.

ROBERT McNeal 2 m under 5 1 m 10-14 1 m
15-19 1 m 40-49
1 f 30-39 1 f 60-69

Buffalo Twsp.

MICHAEL McNeal 1 m under 5 1 m 5-9 1 m 20-29
1 f under 5 1 f 10-14
1 f 20-29

Peters Twsp.

JAMES McNeal 1 m 5-9 1 m 10-14 1 m 15-19
1 m 30-39 1 m
50-59
1 f 10-14 2 f 15-19
3 f 20-29 1
f 50-59

1840

W. Finley Twsp.

HUGH McNeal 1 m 5-9 1 m 10-14 1 m 20-29 1 m
40-49
1 f under 5 1 f 10-14 3 f
15-19 1 f 40-49
1 f 50-59

E. Finley Twsp.

JOHN McNeal 1 m 30-39
1 f 30-39

Claysville

ROBERT McNeal 1 m 5-9 2 m 10-14 1 m 50-59
2 f under 5 1 f 40-49 1 f
70-79

Buffalo Twsp.

JOSEPH McNeal 1 m under 5 1 m 10-14 1 m 15-19
1 m 40-50
1 f 5-10 2 f 15-19 3 f
20-29 1 f 30-39

MATTHEW McNeal 2 m under 5 1 m 5-9 2 m 9-15 1 m
15-19 1 m 40-49
2 f under 5 1 f 10-14 1 f
15-19 1 f 30-39

WILLIAM McNeal 1 m 20-29 1 m 30-39 1 m 40-49
1 f 60-69

1850

Buffalo Twsp.

ALEXANDER McNeal age 22 born PA
NOTE: Living with Samuel and Jane Carothers family

1850

E Finley Twsp

JOHN McNeal age 36 born PA
Elisabeth age 27 born PA
Mary age 38 born PA
NOTE: also Herman McDADE? Age 13 born PA

JOSEPH McNeal age 53 born PA farmer
Eleanor age 53 born PA
Ruth age 17 born PA
Margaret age 26 born PA
Joseph age 21 born PA laborer
Matthew age 11 born PA

MATTHEW McNeal age 52 born PA Carpenter
Margaret age 48 born PA
Archibald age 25 born PA laborer
Joseph age 23 born PA laborer
Alexander age 21 born PA laborer
Thomas age 19 born PA laborer
David age 17 born PA laborer
Martha age 16 born PA
Matthew age 15 born PA laborer
Mary age 11 born PA
Catherine age 9 born PA
John age 8 born PA

W. Finley Twsp.

JAMES McNeal age 32 born PA farmer
Mary age 34 born Ireland
William age 8 born PA
Hugh B. age 6? born PA
John age 4 born PA
Henry age 1 born PA

ELISABETH McNeal age 57 born MD
John age 34 born PA farmer
Susannah age 23 born PA
Elisabeth age 21 born PA
William H. age 17 born PA farmer
Catherine age 12 born PA

SUSAN McNeal age 24 born PA
NOTE: Living with the Charles and Ann Wallace family

Claysville

MARY McNeal age 3 born PA
NOTE: Living with Charles and Lavina Daugherty family

ROBERT McNeal age 62 born PA blacksmith
Isabella age 32 born PA
John H. age 24 born PA blacksmith
James B. age 22 born PA carpenter
Nelson R. age 17 born PA blacksmith
Margaret L? age 14 born PA

Donegal Twsp.

WILLIAM McNeal age 57 born PA laborer
Eleanor age 79 born MD
NOTE: John Whiteman age 40 born PA farmer also living with the
family

Amwell Twsp.

ARCHIBALD McNeal age 26 born PA
NOTE: Living with John R. and Rebecca Louck? Family

1850

Union Twsp.

JANE McNeal age 26 born PA
NOTE: Living with Jane and Margaret Legitt

Chartiers Twsp.

SAMUEL C. McNeal age 34 born PA student
NOTE: Living with the William and Jane SHILES family

1860

W. Finley Twsp.

ELIZABETH McNeal age 66 born MD
John age 44 born PA farmer
Susannah age 34 born PA teacher of ?
Hugh B. age 33 born PA wagon maker
NOTE ALSO: Henry HAND age 21 born PA farmer

JAMES L. McNeal age 42 born PA farmer and miller
Mary age 44 born Ireland
William H. age 19 born PA farmer
Hugh B. age 15 born PA
John age 13 born PA
Matthew H. age 10 born PA
Millard F. age 8 born PA (male)
Elmira I. age 4 born PA (female)
NOTE: Mary Jane NULL also listed as age 17 born PA domestic

JOHN McNeal age 59 born PA shoemaker
Mary Ann age 61 born NJ
Caroline age 15 born PA

1860

E. Finley Twsp.

WILLIAM McNeal age 64 born PA laborer
Elizabeth age 42 born PA laborer
Mary age 32 born PA farm
NOTE: Also Siman MCDADE age 25 born PA farmer

JOSEPH McNeal age 64 born PA laborer
Ellen age 63 born PA
Mathew age 21 born PA laborer
Elizabeth age 19 born PA domestic

Claysville

NELSON McNeal age 25 born PA blacksmith
Robert age 71 born PA blacksmith
Mary age 33 born PA
Isabella J. age 3 born PA
John F. age 1 born PA

Carroll Twsp.

SARAH McNeal age 50 born PA
NOTE: Living with the Ben and Eliza PHILLIPS family

1870

W. Finley Twsp

ELIZABETH McNeal age 77 born PA
John age 54 born PA farmer
Caroline age 5 born PA NOTE:
states boarding with
family

JOHN McNeal age 66 born PA shoemaker
Mary A. age 67 born PA

E. Finley Twsp.

MATTHEW McNeal age 30 born PA farmer
Elizabeth age 24 born PA
Mary E. age 10 born PA
Joseph C. age 8 born PA
Jennie B. age 3 born PA
John L. age 1 born PA
NOTE ALSO: Jane BYERS? age 83 born PA making home

MARY McNeal age 71 born PA
Elizabeth age 52 born PA

1870

Donegal Twsp.

JOSEPH McNeal age 41 born PA farmer Sarah A.
(Ryan) age 35
born PA
George R. age 16 born VA
Catherine A. age 14 born VA
Joseph L. age 12 born PA
Sarah E. age 7 born PA
William age 5 born PA
Martha B. age 2 born PA
Vincent C. age 5 months (Jan) born PA
NOTE: George RYAN (Sarah's father) age 55 born PA

NOTE: I believe that this family may have moved to Kansas area, as Sarah
is from my Ryan line as her father was my great, great grandfather's
brother. Her father George, is living in E. Finley Twsp 1880 census
with my Great, great Grandparents, Ebenezer and Anna Van Scoyoc Smith.

Claysville

NELSON McNeal age 32 born PA blacksmith
Margaret A. age 23 born PA
Margaret E. age 5 months (Jan) born PA.

1880

E. Finley Twsp. District 244

ELIZABETH McNeal age 63 born PA born PA born PA
NOTE: Living with Ira and Margaret WHITE family

West Alexander District 241

NELSON McNeal age 46? Born PA F: PA M: PA
blacksmith
Margaret A. age 33 born PA F: Scot. M: PA
Maggie E. age 10 born PA F: PA M: PA

1880

Franklin Twsp District 248

MATTHEW McNeal age 40 born PA F: PA M: VA farmer
Elizabeth age 39 born PA F: PA M: PA
Joseph age 17 born PA F: PA M: PA
Jennie age 13 born PA F: PA M: PA
Le Roy age 11 born PA F: PA M: PA

NOTE ALSO: Ella POST age 19 born PA F: PA M: P
states married
Lulla? Post age 1 month (MAY) born PA F: PA
M:PA

1880

Buffalo Twsp. District 234

JANE L. McNeal age 65 born PA F: PA M: PA housekeeper
NOTE : Living with the Robert and Margaret WRIGHT family

W. Finley Twsp. District 268

HUGH McNeal age 50 born PA F: PA M: PA retired
(boarder)
JOHN McNeal age 60 born PA F: PA M: PA retired
(boarder)
NOTE: both living with the Charles and Elizabeth LIMBERT family

Mount Pleasant District 255

ELLEN C. McNeal age 24 born PA F: PA M: PA states married
within in
the census yr.
Sadie age 4 born PA F: PA M: PA

NOTE Living with: Milton and Rachel McGUGIN family. Lists Ellen as his
sister and also another sister listed living with them is: Angeline
McGugin age 21.

1900

Donegal Twsp. District 143 (East)

JANE L. McNeal Aunt age 75 born 6-1815 b PA Single F: PA
M: PA
NOTE: Living with Robert WRIGHT age 47? and as Jane's nephew

NELSON McNeal age 66 born 10-1833, PA F: PA M:
PA farmer
married 34
yrs.
Margaret age 53 born 9-1846, PA F :PA M:
PA states
mother of 2
children, one of which is living

This thread: