MD-CEMETERIES-L Archives

Archiver > MD-CEMETERIES > 2006-01 > 1138330766

From: "Leonard Easton" <>
Subject: RE: [MD-CEM] When visiting a cemetery...
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 21:59:26 -0500

As far as I know you may need permission if it is a private cemetery. I have
never hesitated taking photographs in a cemetery. Until recently the
officials at a local cemetery (owned privately) would actually chase folks
away that were attempting to photo or copy headstones. Thru much negotiation
with the local historical society a public record has been made of the
"residents". Years ago when I visited the Scotland Cemetery (Stephen Webb) I
photo'd the stones with a 1 mp digital camera - now that I have a much nicer
camera I can't wait to get back to take higher res photo's.

Len