MDALLEGA-L Archives

Archiver > MDALLEGA > 2007-02 > 1170908699

From: Guerino Calemine <>
Subject: Re: [MDALLEGA] Barncord, Andrews, Bealky, Knieriem, Stein
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 20:24:59 -0800 (PST)

Thanks everyone for the responses!

According to my Family Treemaker program, I am the 1st cousin, 4 times removed, of Elsie Barncord -- although Barncord would not have been her married name but her original name. The Elsie Barncord I have in my tree was born 1895 and was the daughter of Henry O. Barncord. Would that be the same Elsie you're referring to?

According to my research, the Barncords were originally the Bancords (and I've seen it spelled Bankard as well). Sometime between 1880 and 1900, the entire Cumberland family of Bancords seemed to have jointly decided that they'd henceforth be known as the Barncords -- so I'd like to find out why that happened.

One of the Bancord patriarchs was Henry Bancord (1822-1869) -- who married Catherine Ann Gary (sometimes spelled Geary) (b.1831) in 1848.

As for the STEIN name -- I'm researching the Cumberland family of Steins - Jacob (b.1834) and Elizabeth (b.1840) Stein who came over from Germany. Would like to find out more about that couple and where in Germany they were from (their kids were Pauline, Louis, Edward, Charles, and Elisa). Jacob and Elizabeth were my 4th Great-Grandparents. Not sure if any of their descendants or relatives ended up in Somerset County.

jeff <> wrote:
I know these families. I went to school with an Eric Barncord this would
most likely be Elsie's son. The also went to school with the Knieriem's.
They lived next to us at one time. I think their mom and dad still live
along the road to Ellerisle as did the Barncrods