MDALLEGA-L Archives

Archiver > MDALLEGA > 2007-02 > 1171945774

From: "Doris Goldsborough" <>
Subject: Re: [MDALLEGA] Coal Miners Recruited From Scotland?
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 23:29:34 -0500

My great grandmother immigrated from Scotland with her brother, William, to
Barton, Maryland where he was recruited to work in the coal mine in that
area

She was Euphemia Clark, born 23 Jan. 1855 in Halbeath, Dunfermline,
Scotland( and died 26 April 1886 in Barton, Md. ) After arriving in Barton,
Maryland, she met my great grandfather, George Lemuel Moore in Barton, who
was born @ 1854. They were married @1874 in Barton. He died in 1893.

George and Euphemia (Clark) Moore were the parents of my grandmother, Lulu
(Moore) Hasenbuhler.

Doris G.