MDALLEGA-L Archives

Archiver > MDALLEGA > 2007-10 > 1191376431

From: "Pat Thompson" <>
Subject: [MDALLEGA] FW: [WVHARDY] Williams/Harness/Dupuy/Neville in WestVirginiamid-1700s
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 21:53:51 -0400

Found this posted on the WV Hardy County Mailing List. Since it references
Cumberland, MD I thought someone on this list might be looking for Mr.
Mouse.
Pat-T

"Hi my name is Dan. I found this death notice while scanning
through old newspapers. I thought you may be interested.

Drowned - A boatman named John Mouse aged about 27 years,

and living in Cumberland, MD. fell over board from the canal boat
"Clearspring" on Saturday night and was drowned. The boat was ascending
light, and, in the absence of his brother who is captain, he had charge, and

it is supposed, while steering or giving directions, he fell overboard. The

body was recovered yesterday, and forwarded to his relatives at Cumberland.
The accident occurrred near seven locks, about nine miles above Georgetown-
National Republican
Via the "The South Branch Intelligence"
Friday, November 8, 1867"

This thread: