MDALLEGA-L Archives

Archiver > MDALLEGA > 2007-12 > 1196799596

From: GuyInColumbus <>
Subject: [MDALLEGA] FYI: obit "found" for Alice Wagner,d. 1970 in Allegany County, MD
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 12:19:56 -0800 (PST)

Thanks for all the replies. A kind and generous person from this list found and sent me the obit for my Alice Wagner (and her husband Frederick as well). The obit(s) contained the info I was looking for, so I'm not going to jump through the hurdles to try and get copies of death certificates (unless I find I need later). I appreciate everyone's help.

If anyone is interested or is also researching Wagners in Allegany County, Maryland, here is the info from the obits:

Alice Beryl Wagner
- Obit published in Cumberland Evening Times, Thursday, December 24, 1970, page 18.
- Age 67, died 1970, Dec 23, Cumberland, Allegany County, MD.
- Formerly of 120 Wempe Drive.
- Born in Berkeley Springs.
- Preceded in death by her parents, Edward and Iona (Householder) Ganoe, and her husband Frederick Ernest Wagner.
- Survivors: a son Charles R (Richard) Wagner of Cumberland; 3 daughters, Mrs. Betty Nixon of Cumberland, Mrs. Rose Marie Harrison of Dayton, Ohio, and Mrs. Virginia Lee Kinsinger of Grantsville.
- The viewing was at the Wendt Funeral Home.
- Interment was at Mt. Herman Cemetery.

Frederick Wagner
- Obit published in the Evening Times Cumberland, MD. Tuesday, November 12, 1957, page 11 and 12.
- Age 68, died 1957, Nov. 12, Memorial Hospital, Cumberland, Allegany County, MD.
- Residence: 12 Grand Avenue.
- Born 1889, July 9 in Hamburg, Germany.
- World War I veteran.
- B&O Railroad carman.
- Preceded in death by his parents, Mr. and Mrs. Herman Wagner.
- Survivors: His widow, the former Alice Beryl Ganoe; a son Charles R (Richard) Wagner of Cumberland; three daughters, Mrs. Betty L. Nixon of Cumberland, Mrs. Virginia L. Kinsinger of Grantsville, and Miss Rose Marie Wagner at home (Cumberland).
- The viewing was at the Scarpelli Funeral Home.

I did find a webpage about a Mt. Hermon Cemetery on Williams Road, Vumberland, MD, and it listed Frederick Wagner (d. 1957, Nov 12), but oddly it didn't list Alice Wagner, althought her obit said she would be interred in Mt Herman Cemetery.

Thanks again to all who helped,
Rich

Edith Chaney <> wrote:
Rich,

Have you considered asking for a cemetery listing in Allegany County lookup
for your Alice Wagner? Maybe someone on the list has some cemetery books.
Edie Chaney