MDALLEGA-L Archives

Archiver > MDALLEGA > 2008-04 > 1207606947

From: "Mary Galyon" <>
Subject: [MDALLEGA] Names
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 18:22:27 -0400

My gggg grandfather Jeremiah Osborne named a son Jonathan (b 1765) and
another son John (b 1770) before leaving the South Branch Valley to come to
God's country
in the western North Carolina mountains in the mid 1780's. Both lived and
replenished the earth so I haven't discovered the reason for the names. I
have other relatives who have used Jno. and John for the same person and
others who named a later child the same name after the death of the first.
Go figure.