MDALLEGA-L Archives

Archiver > MDALLEGA > 2008-04 > 1207700550

From: "Shawn McGreevy" <>
Subject: Re: [MDALLEGA] Names
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 20:22:30 -0400

The other thing to note while we are on this topic is, that if your people
were Catholic, the priest often threw John ahead of the name of that the
parents chose for their son and also Mary for the girls. This happened in
the case of my mother, my mother-in-law, and my husband. This happened
particularly if the name the parents chose was not a "saint's name".