MDALLEGA-L Archives

Archiver > MDALLEGA > 2010-11 > 1288898199

From: Susan Sherman <>
Subject: [MDALLEGA] Bird's Eye View of Cumberland Poster
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 15:16:39 -0400

Hi everybody,

I just had a really nice (principally bike-riding) visit in Cumberland and
had a great time.

I saw a poster called Bird's Eye View of Cumberland 1873 (I think that's the
right year) at my bed and breakfast which included an illustration of my 2X
and 1X great-grandfather's business, A. L. Withers & Son (a tannery). It was
a much bigger business than I expected and I was really thrilled to see a
picture of it.

Does anybody know where to get a copy? It says Duncan Photo, LaVale, MD
down in the bottom left hand corner, so I'm sure it was a reissue of some
sort.

I haven't been posting on the list for a while, but I keep looking to see
what everybody else is doing . . .

Happy hunting everyone, and if anybody can point me in the right direction,
I'd appreciate it.

Susan

Researching Withers and Smouse in Cumberland

This thread: